Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Umbrellas

The other day I watched my sister and brother's soccer game in the rain. I remembered why I love umbrellas so much. You can twirl them on your shoulder. They keep you dry. I like the bright colors that so many umbrellas have.

But my favorite thing about umbrellas is the fact that they shelter and protect you from the rain.


"I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26.

God's Word tells us that there will be showers and rain. We need rain. It nourishes the ground that our food grows out of. The grass is greener, the flowers brighter after a rain. But sometimes we get annoyed at the rain. We wish that it would go away, get aggravated at little siblings splashing us by jumping in puddles. We don't want to get wet on our way to go somewhere.

But the rain comes when it is needed. Little children splashing gets a lot more enjoyable when you join in and jump in puddles. Umbrellas keep the rain off us.


Sometimes rain isn't always water falling from the sky. Things happen in our lives and it feels aggravating and unending. People annoy us. We get splashed by problems and struggles. Umbrellas can't protect us from that kind of rain.

But God can.

"For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy." Psalm 61:3

"Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies; in You I take shelter." Psalm 143:9



So go ahead.
Splash in the puddles.
Twirl your umbrella.
Sing in the rain.
Dance with your umbrella.
But remember:

God is our umbrella for life.
He will shelter us from life's rains.
God will take care of us.







There is a giveaway going on over at Giveaways of Blessing. The prize is a set of eight cards with Bible verses on them. Go on over and enter!


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!