Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, June 18, 2012

where to put it?

I am sure that if you are at all like me, you are constantly trying to find new ways to store your yarn. There are some things that I wish I could do {like this and this}, but since I do not have unlimited money and space, that is not possible. I am sure that many of us have that dilemma. So, to get some ideas, I headed to Pinterest {where else?}. There are some great ideas out there!

yarn storage
via

This is a great solution for little odds and ends. Maybe a jar with a larger mouth so that I could actually get the yarn out, but still a good idea.

DSC00523
via

A jar like this would be good. And is that a tooth brush holder for the needles? That is a fantastic idea!

yarn storage.
via

A magazine rack, I think. This would be good for yarn that you are planning on using soon, maybe even to store current projects.

yarn storage
via

I love suitcases, especially old ones. This is a fantastic solution since it could function as storage, decoration, footrest, and traveling case all in one!


via

Yet another great way to use an old suitcase.


via

This clear plastic garbage can {or something like that} removes the need for a bigger jar opening. I like that all of the yarn is visible.


via

If you have an empty shelf this would be a great way to use it!

Right now my yarn is in baskets so that I can see most of it all at once. However, I have run out of baskets and I have a little in shoeboxes. These look like great ways to store yarn, though. Maybe someday...

How do you store your yarn?


p.s. some of you have been experiencing trouble being able to view my button. Here it is:


2 comments:

  1. Eee! These are all so cute! But actually, I'm *trying* really hard to minimize the yarn I have. I know, I know. *sigh*

    But... for what I do have... these would be great ideas to use-- thanks so much for sharing, ducky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!