Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Sunday, August 5, 2012

A good way to end a good summer day









A family outing ended with a stop at this sweet little shop. Cheery red and white bricks and a dripping air conditioner greeted me as I walked through the door. Shelves filled with antique items, candy, and baked goods fill the walls. Rows of candy behind glass with prices such as 4¢ a piece. We linger around the swingset before heading back to the van with brown bags full of sweet pieces of candy. A good way to end a good summer day.


2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I live in North Carolina, near the border to VA, and every fall we drive up to a mountain in VA (about an hour drive) and there is this little store called "The Poor Farmers Market". And they have fresh produce, home baked goods, homemade sweet tea, homemade jellies. It's just the cutest little place. The store that you guys went to reminded me of it :)

    I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little shops with candy-- it's so comfy cozy. :-)

    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!