Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sometimes I get scared


Sometimes.

Sometimes I get scared of the future,

Sometimes I worry that I won't choose the "right" college.

Sometimes I wonder what God wants me to do with my life.

There are so many options. How can I choose out of thousands of schools? Do I want to go to a Christian college or not? What do I want to study? Is college the best route to wherever I want to go? What do I want to do?

It seems like choosing a college sets the course for the rest of my life. My father is always telling me that I don't have to try to plan out my whole life, just the next step, but that is so hard. Everyone asks me what my plans are, what I want to do with my life, but I have no idea.

Is it so wrong to want to keep everything like it is right now? Yes, I go through struggles, but life seems comparatively easy when I juxtapose it with what could happen.

It seems like everyone else my age has a plan, knows what school they want to attend, what they want to major in, and what career field they will go into.

But I don't. I want to know, but I don't.

And sometimes, I fear and worry and wonder.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, pretty lady! seriously. until about two months ago, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. i have too many interests, but not enough that would be worth a withstanding career. junior college always had a bad taste in my mouth, for some reason, and I got weird looks if I told people I didn't feel like I was supposed to go there. but then God worked in our hearts that I should go to PCC in Florida, and although it will be miles away, somehow it all seems right.
    bottom line is, God does have a plan for you. a brilliant, fantastic, incredible plan beyond your wildest dreams. and sometimes, it's just waiting that's part of it. ;)

    much love, dear friend | MH

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything that you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track." -Proverbs 3:5-6 (MSG)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!