Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, July 15, 2013

I am a book drunkard // Guest Post



Ah! Hello there.

I'm Hannah from Some Simple Pleasures, and I'm guest posting for Emily while she is off having a marvelous time at camp and leaving us all Emily-less ;) 

Like I said, I'm Hannah. I'm not good at describing myself... let's see. I'm 17 years old. I'm a photographer. I'm also a Lego Robotics Coach, and I'm a senior in high school who wants to go to Liberty University online and major in government. But mostly, I just take pictures of people & things. I listen to too much Mumford & Sons and I definitely read more than I should.


"I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for it's devotee. I cannot withstand them."
-Lucy Maud Montgomery  




I have a problem though. There are so many wonderful books to read and just not enough time to read them all in. Do you have that problem? 


"But for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short." 
-Jane Austen


I also read more than one book at a time. For example, right now I'm reading: 'The Return of the King' by J.R.R Tolkien, 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker, 'The Graveyard Book' by Neil Gaiman, 'The Crow' by Allison Croggon, and also 'The Case in Scarlet' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. And from what I can tell, all of them are excellent books so far ;)

What are some books that you're reading right now?


It was lovely writing this post, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Before I go I thought that I'd let you all know that I have a giveaway going on at my blog right now. The prize is a hand crocheted cotton market bag. Click here for the link

Thank you for reading!
-Hannah


"She is a real bookworm. I think she lives on print. Her whole house is full of books - looks as if she likes them better than human company." 
-'Inkheart' by Cornelia Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!