Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm not ready








Camp is over.
I'm sad to see it go, but at least it was a good summer,
a summer full of socks and flip-flops, manicures, ice cream, picnics, sewing baskets, reading Sherlock Holmes, swimming, playing games.
I wish I could show you the campers' bright and smiling faces.
I wish you could hear their laughter,
listen in on their funny conversations,
watch them sing to and about their Savior,
see their eyes light up with understanding during chapel and devotions.

That is why I work at camp.
That is why I keep going back every summer.
It's indescribable,
but I cannot help it.

I love camp, and I am going to miss it.

Now it's time to think about school, college decisions, fall activities.
But before that, we are going camping for one last hurrah.

I'm not ready to bid summer farewell just yet.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I am missing summer already, and I still have one more week before school (my "official no more summer day").
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures, Emily! Especially the top two! Incredible :)
    Also, I feel you. I'm not really willing to accept my last year of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are absolutely stunning! I especially love the third one down, you've captured the light coming through so beautifully. Hopefully Summer will stick around a little longer =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!