Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Saturday, September 14, 2013

instead








i sit by my window, watching the storm, reveling in the wild beauty of it all. Lightning fills the sky for a moment while peals of thunder fill the humid air. Raindrops pound on the roof and window in a soothing rhythm. 

I am filled with a yearning, one coming from someplace deep within me, to run outside and join the wind, to jump in the puddles, to let the rain soak my skin, to feel the electricity in the air after a flash of lightning.

Instead, I sit and watch from inside my safe little house, amazed by God's power.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are fantastic, Emily!
    You are also a wonderful writer.
    Just so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!