Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

aroma


I can smell it, this aroma of autumn. You might think it was the scent of apples in an orchard, or leaves underfoot, or pumpkin pie baking in the oven. 


But as much as those things remind me of fall, there is a certain indescribable smell that I can sense when I step outside on a brisk autumn day. 


















It holds all the nostalgia of summer and the bleakness of winter, but there is a promise of new life underneath the leaves crunching under my feet. 

It holds the crispness that characterizes fall. I can’t describe this scent to someone who has never smelled it. It’s one of those things that you just know

You know that it means autumn, and leaves, and apples, and pumpkins, and promises.  

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean--it's one of my absolute favorite things about fall! You just know it's Autumn by the scent in the air. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!