Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, November 11, 2013

Wise and reasonable

"She hoped to be wise and reasonable in time; but alas! Alas! She must confess to herself that she was not wise yet."
-Persuasion by Jane Austen-

     No, no I am not wise most of the time, and I am often quite unreasonable.

But that's not where I want to stay.

I want to study the Bible to gain wisdom. I want to grow in judgment and reason until I can indeed confess that I am wise and reasonable. 

I know that day will never come, but I can still strive to become so. Hopefully someday I will be able to look back and see how I have increased in wisdom over the years. Yes, it will be a slow process; yes, I will not see the results of wise living immediately. But it will be worth it.

But until that day when I can look back and see how I have grown, I must confess, along with Anne Elliot, that I am not wise yet.



2 comments:

  1. you are so right, Emily. we all have things we need to grow in. thank you for sharing this. i agree 100% with Jane Austen, Anne Elliot, and you. ;) we always have many things to learn and with God's grace, we'll never stop. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Delight!
    Your shoes are the cutest!

    xxo. Jazzie
    www.jsheaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!