Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Thursday, August 28, 2014

focus




The sound of crickets, rustling leaves, chirping birds, and rippling water mix with sounds of civilization, of the train whistle and busy traffic.
All I can see is the pond, trees, golden sunlight, and distant power lines, but I know that just over the row of trees and houses is the train station and the busy town that surrounds it. 
Tonight is a beautiful night, full of laughing sunshine, a teasing breeze, and a refreshing warmth. But I could focus, if I so chose, on the ugly power lines and rushing vehicles.
My enjoyment of this evening is entirely dependent on where I choose to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!