Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Thou Who Changest Not


Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim, it's shadows fade away.
Change and decay in all around I see.
Oh, Thou who changest not,
Abide with me.


The truth is, the world is constantly changing, and there is nothing any of us can do to stop that. There are times in my life when it feels as if everything is changing all at once, and it is in those times that my prayer follows along with the lyrics of the old hymn "Abide with me": "Oh, Thou who changest not, abide with me". God is the only One who does not, and will never, change. As this new year dawns and brings a whole new set of challenges, changes, and growth, remember to place your faith in God, not in your own resolutions or goals, as good as they may be.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!